Tioman Island is an island in Rompin District, Pahang, Malaysia. It is one of the popular tourist destinations in that part of the world. It was named one of the most beautiful islands of the world by Time Magazine. This is a perfect summer getaway destination.
Accommodations in Tioman-
You will find all sorts of accommodations in this island whether you want to splurge or save. You have all the options starting from luxurious resorts with 5 star services to budget airbnb vacation home rentals. Students travelling alone will find very affordable hostels as cheap as $15/night.
The island comprises of many luxury resorts promising you exotic chalets, private beaches and premium spas and massages. My research highlights these are my top three resorts, which have the best reviews by all travel websites. Not only they fulfill all the requirements of a great holiday resort but also the value for money is better than most places in the world.
1. Japamala Resort By Samadhi– It is a 4.5 star resort rated excellently by Expedia and TripAdvisor. It has wonderful reviews on Booking.com and rated 9.3 but it certainly comes in the more luxury and high end stays with prices over $250/day all around the year. It is located 8 km from the center. It offers beautiful and large suites. This property is also rated for the best value is Tioman Island. The extensive woodwork in the rooms, private pool and hot tubs this resort is not one to be missed out if magnificence is what you’re looking for.
2. Tunamaya Beach and Spa Resort– It a 4 star rated resort by both Expedia and TripAdvisor. It is located close to Asah waterfalls and 10 km from the center. Prices are overall $150 for a rainforest villa. It gives you many options in the form of garden, rainforest and beach villas. A beautiful infinity pool along with a great spa is way more than what one deserves for this price.
3. Bagus Place Retreat– A 3 star resort by Expedia has excellent reviews with 8.6 rating on Booking.com. It is located 10 km from the center close to the rainforest and Asah waterfalls. It is popular for canoeing and hiking. Standard chalet here costs around $200. It offers different setups like rainforest view and the boathouse.
There are many resorts available to those who are not students or backpackers but also don’t want to blow their budget on a luxury hotel. Some examples of such accommodations that would fit their purpose are these-
1. The Barat Tioman Beach Resort– This is a 3.5-4 star resort with good reviews from both Expedia and TripAdvisor. It is located 6.2 km from the center as is a 15-minute walk from Asah waterfalls and Kampung Juara Beach. The average cost of one night is $60.
2. Juara Beach Resort– A 2.5 star resort according to Expedia. It has a good guest rating to 7.3 on Booking.com. Located 5km from the center in the vicinity of Kampung Juara Beach. Average price per night is as low as $50.
3. Paya Beach Spa and Dive Resort– A 3 star rated resort by Expedia which offers good value with 3.7 out 5 guest ratings. The price of the resort standard chalet is as low as $60. Located just 4.5 km from the center it is near Tioman Dive center and Marine park. It is a good choice for those travelling on a budget.
‘When you’re traveling with someone else, you share each discovery, but when you are alone, you have to carry each experience with you like a secret, something you have to write on your heart, because there’s no other way to preserve it.’ – Shauna Niequist the author of ‘ Present over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living’. To all those solo travellers who are looking for an adventure, Tioman would be just that for them. There are many hostels available on the Island like-
1. South Pacific Chalets
2. Pondok Tioman
3 Juara Mutiara Resot
All these accommodations are under $30 and will do perfectly for those who don’t mind staying in hostels and it’s yet another adventure for them.
In conclusion to this one must agree that wherever you stay in Tioman, it doesn’t matter as the experience you have on this island will be unparalleled.